Once you pledge, access the download here: http://goo.gl/de4mn
Hi! We are…
…a nine-person ensemble bonded by the unwavering desire to make you, the listener, and the rhythm become one; the secret love children of Donna Summer and George Clinton serving up an orgasmic feast of funk, disco, electro and soul.
We are so happy to say that we are self-releasing our very first album titled Walking The Midnight Streets on November 13th! We’re reaching out to you as part of our pre-order campaign as well as to raise tour support for the U.S. and overseas.
We are very excited!
We’ve collaborated with some of our favorite artists to create tote-bags, t-shirts, pins, stickers – all available on PledgeMusic. You can also have a magic night out on a dinner date with W. Andrew Raposo (Resident Conversationalist and Bassist), a vintage-clothing shopping spree with Ms. Tiffany Roth as your personal shopper, your own Magic Mixtape, or private one-on-one music lessons with any one of us!
When we reach our goal, we hope to come to a city near you if we go on tour so we can play our hearts out for you in person. Additionally, 10% of all funds raised from this campaign will be given to the American Red Cross to support its enormous relief operation and help the victims of Hurricane Sandy in NYC.
Thank you so much for your support.
AccessPass™: Walking The Midnight Streets
INSTANT download of the album, ‘Walking The Midnight Streets,’ with two exclusive bonus tracks – get the album BEFORE it’s released on 11/13! Pledge $5 or more after release date, and you’ll STILL get your immediate download of the album.
Pledge $15 or more...
T-shirt featuring new album art plus INSTANT download of the ‘Walking The Midnight Streets’ album with two exclusive bonus tracks
Pledge $30 or more...
Signed ‘Walking The Midnight Streets’ CD, new album art t-shirt plus INSTANT digital download of the album with two exclusive bonus tracks
Pledge $40 or more...
Signed CD plus INSTANT download of the ‘Walking The Midnight Streets’ album with two exclusive bonus tracks, new album art t-shirt, Midnight Magic tote bag, stickers, and pins
Pledge $50 or more...
Signed ‘Walking The Midnight Streets’ Vinyl LP plus INSTANT download of the album with two exclusive bonus tracks, new album art t-shirt, Midnight Magic tote bag, stickers, and pins
Pledge $100 or more...
PERSONAL MIDNIGHT MAGIC MIXTAPE (more details below) + signed ‘Walking The Midnight Streets’ Vinyl LP with INSTANT download of the album featuring two bonus tracks, new album art t-shirt, Midnight Magic tote bag, stickers, and pins!
PICK YOUR MIXTAPE GENRE: Pick your genre from the options below and we’ll make you your own custom mixtape to be delivered digitally. We’ll title your mix with your name (or someone else’s for you). Midnight Magic’s Personal Mixtape genres include:
1. FUNK: People tend to throw this word around describing all kinds of music, but we will deliver a true Funk mixtape with classic jams and rare gems that keep it real for all you freaks out there!
2. DISCO: Another word that gets thrown around nowadays, our Disco mix will be truly strange and…cosmic.
3. HIP HOP: Full of underground and mainstream jams from the past through the present, this mix will be full of beats for days.
4. HOUSE: This mix will definitely get people on the dance floor.
5. R&B: There will definitely be some sexual jams for the magic hour at midnight, if you know what we mean….
6. PUNK: Not your usual mixtape, this one is for all you head bangers out there!
Pledge $200 or more...
ONE-ON-ONE MIDNIGHT MAGIC MUSIC LESSON (more details below) + signed ‘Walking The Midnight Streets’ Vinyl LP with INSTANT download of the album featuring two exclusive bonus tracks, new album art t-shirt, Midnight Magic tote bag, stickers, and pins!
You will get a private one-hour music lesson with any member of Midnight Magic below. This could be in person or via Skype.
1. TIFFANY ROTH: Vocalist and frontwoman, Tiffany can help you sing like you’ve never sung before. She has one of the biggest voices out there, and can help you achieve notes with your voice you never thought possible.
2. MAX GOLDMAN: The drummer who always keeps it funky and holds it down, Max can help anyone achieve a better sense of musicality and rhythm.
3. WILLIAM ANDREW RAPOSO: He’s got more bump in his trunk than almost any bassist out there. Andrew can teach you the art of the funky bass!
4. CARTER YASUTAKE: Carter can teach anyone how to play the trumpet. He can also teach you ton of classic tunes that can rock a party.
5. NICK ROSEBORO: Also a great trumpet player, Nick can teach you the perfect technique and show you how to achieve the purist tone.
6. JASON DISU: The ultimate master of the trombone, Jason can show you technique and style, paralleled by only the great Fred Wesley!
7. CAITO SANCHEZ: The amazing percussionist, Caito can show you the secrets of the Bongo that will make anyone stand out in there local hippy drum circle jam.
8. ANDREW FRAWLEY: After studying the Conga in Cuba, Andrew has achieved an unbelievable level of touch and groove on the instrument. He can show you the way!
9. MORGAN WILEY: Whether it be piano or analog synthesizers, Morgan can teach you tips on how to write songs, come up with some serious outer space sounds, or just play classic tunes for your friends!
Pledge $250 or more...
DAY OF STYLE WITH MS. TIFFANY ROTH (more details below) + signed ‘Walking The Midnight Streets’ Vinyl LP with INSTANT download of the album featuring two exclusive bonus tracks, new album art t-shirt, Midnight Magic tote bag, stickers, and pins!
Tiffany Roth, who has the uncanny ability to hone in on the personal style of whomever she’s shopping with, will join you for a day of thrifting and vintage clothing shopping as your very own personal stylist. Meet her in New York City or Los Angeles at some of her favorite thrift/vintage stores for a day of shopping and styling. Of course, she will NOT be buying you clothing or accessories, but will assist in styling! Polaroids will be taken at the end of the session to record your stylishness and you will be featured on Midnight Magic’s Facebook Timeline cover!
Pledge $350 or more...
MAGIC NIGHT OUT WITH ANDREW (more details below) + signed ‘Walking The Midnight Streets’ Vinyl LP with INSTANT download of the album featuring two exclusive bonus tracks, new album art t-shirt, Midnight Magic tote bag, stickers, and pins
Yes. A dinner with Resident Conversationalist W. Andrew Raposo.
Our bass-player, W. Andrew Raposo, is easily the most loquacious of the bunch and spends his leisure time at fancy restaurants in New York City discussing the finer points of everything and nothing at all. For a contribution of $350, W. Andrew will wine and dine you at one of his favorite restaurants in Northern Brooklyn and you get to pick the subject matter! Here’s what is on the topic menu:
OPTION 1: “Science is cool” during which you shall have a passionate discussion about the merits of scientific research and experimentation as well as a “how fucking awesome is this” conversation about astronomy, cosmology, the existence of life on other planets and the end of the universe. The conversation will not be limited to science-fact, for what fun would it all be if you did not also discuss robots killing monsters on alien worlds?
OPTION 2: “We’re Fucked” during which you will discuss the growing consensus that we’re really on the cusp of the collapse of civilization as we known it. The conversation will move through dystopia, paranoia, the environmental crisis, the broken American political system, the broken global financial system, the movie Robocop, Blade Runner, to finish with the optimistic perspective that WE, the human race, CAN help save this planet after all because it is awesome and worth saving.
OPTION 3: “Twin Peaks” during which you will discuss how fucking awesome this Mark Snow and David Lynch collaboration was and how it lives on in the hearts and nightmares of everyone who’s seen it. The subject matter will cover everything from the casting of David Duchovny as a transvestite Federal Agent to the statement the show made about American girlhood. Pie and coffee will most definitely be consumed for dessert. Over Fernet Branca, the conversation may turn to HBO’s ‘Game Of Thrones.’
OPTION 4: “Feminism In The Post-Backlash Era and The Rise of Feminist Punk Rock” is a subject near and dear to W. Andrew’s heart, library, and record collection and is pretty much self-explanatory. Gentleman participants encouraged!
OPTION 5: “New York vs. America vs. The World” during which you will discuss where you’re from and why you’re in New York (or if you’re from here, why you’re still here) and how New York is different from the rest of the country and the rest of the world. The conversation shall be like a travel-log as you swap stories with a man who has been seemingly everywhere and yet, rather mysteriously, never to Mexico or Japan…
Pledge $500 or more...
MAGIC REMIX – Midnight Magic remixes YOUR track! (more info below) + signed ‘Walking The Midnight Streets’ Vinyl LP with INSTANT download of the album featuring exclusive content / bonus tracks, new album art t-shirt, Midnight Magic tote bag, stickers, and pins
Your very own Midnight Magic Remix: Midnight Magic and Midnight Sun Studios (the band’s headquarters) has remixed Cut Copy, Panama, Corrinne, Home Video, Emilie Simone, and They Might Be Giants (to name a few). For your contribution of $500, Midnight Magic will remix your original song and feature it as a release on all of their social media. Who knows? It just might wind up on Beatport or Pitchfork!