Love Hope Strength Foundation – Saving Lives Once Concert At A Time
At Love Hope Strength we turn concerts into lifesaving events.
Through our GET ON THE LIST campaign we register marrow donors resulting in matches from concerts around the world. Through unique events, like Everest Rocks and Kilimanjaro Rocks, we build cancer centers, giving people access to early detection and quality cancer care.
LHS was founded in 2007 by leukaemia survivors Mike Peters (of the Welsh rock band The Alarm) and James Chippendale (president of Ascend Insurance Brokerage). As the world’s leading rock-and-roll cancer foundation, LHS primarily raises its funds through musical pilgrimages to majestic sites like Mt. Everest (Nepal), Mt. Snowdon (Wales), Ben Nevis (Scotland), Mt. Fuji (Japan) and Machu Picchu (Peru).
Rather than funding cancer research, LHS focuses on building and supporting cancer centers around the world, boosting awareness of global cancer needs, and expanding international bone marrow databases. One of LHS’s many accomplishments include purchasing Nepal’s first mammography and internal radiation machines and funding the construction of the first children’s cancer center in Dar Es Salaam Tanzania.
Through our partnership with Delete Blood Cancer, LHS frequently spearheads bone marrow drives at concerts and major musical events like Isle Of Wight Festival, Lollapalooza, Bonnaroo and Austin City Limits. LHS has added thousands of people to the national marrow database and found hundreds of matches for patients in need of bone marrow transplants. Headquartered in Prestatyn, North Wales in the UK and Denver, Colorado in the USA, LHS now has additional chapters in Mexico and Australia.
WHAT HAVE WE ACCOMPLISHED SO FAR?
• Purchased the first mammography machine for the country of Nepal.
• Purchased the first brachytherapy (internal radiation) machine for the country of Nepal.
• Funded a new wing for a cancer care center in Wales.
• Purchased a transport vehicle for a children’s cancer center in New Jersey.
• Conducted thousands of bone marrow drives at venues including Red Rocks Amphitheater and music festivals such as Isle Of Wight, Bonnaroo, Beautiful Days, Lollapalooza, and Austin City Limits and on tour with artists such as; Robert Plant, Kenny Chesney, Enrique Iglesias, Offspring, Squeeze, O.A.R. and more.
• Added over 60,000 people to international marrow databases through our partnership with Delete Blood Cancer.
• Located over 900 matches for patients in need of bone marrow transplants.
• Brought supplies to cancer centers in need around the world.
• Hosted the first saliva-based bone marrow registration drive in the House Of Commons in the UK.
• Funded the making of Everest Rocks, a documentary on cancer survivorship aired on Palladia and NBC’s Universal Sports.
• Funded a Public Service Announcement on the need for bone marrow donors.
• Funded the construction of the first dedicated children’s cancer center in Tanzania which opened in February of 2011.
• Funded More To Live For, an award winning documentary about 3 men in need of marrow transplants.
UK (00) 1 720 379 7013