Join the discussion

Want to add a comment? Sign Up or Sign In.

Discussion

Bryan Jackson

Bryan Jackson commented

I see a couple o' shippin' dates! Woo-hoo!

Artist response
Mark Walk

Mark Walk commented

Where ?

Artist response
Mark Walk

Mark Walk commented

No this is a great idea, and we have every intention of doing this

However, we have felt that it’s unethical for us to sell any new product until we resolve issues wity people who pledged.

Also, not everyone uunderstands the situation we exointered with pledge.

Its not hard to imagine frustration on the part of a customer who sees a new store, while waiting for a book or record from Pledge.

Momentarily Paralyzed

Ryan Szudor

Ryan Szudor commented

I look forward to seeing what shape it takes and appreciate your thoughtful approach. I'm also waiting on the book and while the wait has been excessive, I also understand the situation and remain patient. Good luck.

Ryan Szudor

Ryan Szudor commented

I may be ignorant here or just daydreaming, but have you guys (Mark, Ogre) have considered setting up an ohGr Bandcamp page? Maybe throw up some remixes or rarities? I know I would gladly pay more than the asking price for such gems. I know they take 15% of digital sales, but offer more artist control. Should I wake up now?

Brian Hundley

Brian Hundley commented

is there any news / update on what is going on with funding?
keep seeing other more commercial bands get there stuff out without a problem. i think that is kind of lame for Pledge to decide who gets funds first, seeming based on how popular a band is or something. (heck i'm still in hold on a crowd funded movie project for D Argento, Sandman) even longer than this but not a pledge issue. just commenting on waiting for good things to happen. Hope they can have a Resolute for you soon I can only imagine the frustration and dent of you not being paid can be also.

Artist response
Mark Walk

Mark Walk commented

We are currently negotiating with pledge to resolve these issues, and will provide an update as to the results of our negotiations and how we are proceeding at the end of the week.

SHANE POIRIER

SHANE POIRIER commented

I emailed the Pledge people. I asked them about the delay. "I cannot divulge financial information regarding a campaign...I will continue to work on getting the team to post an update" was the only response. To which I replied that ok, it is understandable that companies can't give out that information, unless of course customers aren't getting their product....so what's up, where did my money go? And of course, no reply as of yet. Likely my final Pledge order.

Artist response
Mark Walk

Mark Walk commented

We do apologize, and these things are truly out of our control.

Also, it’s hard to keep doing the updates saying “ we are waiting”. I have explained this to Pledge.

Monday, a pledge representative reached out to us with the hopes of fixing the issues.

We prepared a list of demands, and are awaiting a reply.
To be clear, If we were personally paid from pledge we would have happlity used our funds to manufacture and fulfill the product.

Stay tuned for our announcement at the end of the week.

If pledge doesn’t resolve the issues, we will present good options for all involved.

Thanks

SHANE POIRIER

SHANE POIRIER commented

I think most of us understand that the ohgr team are doing all they can. This is the first time I have experience any negative issues with Pledge. I would just really like to know what their problem was. After a wait of almost 2 years, it is disappointing to say the least that they provide you and the buyers with no explanation.....do we assume the money was mishandled? Why must we assume? However, thanks to ohGr, Mark, and the crew for their attempts and hard work.

Brian Hundley

Brian Hundley commented

Thank you kind sir for the update. hugs

dclear

dclear commented

hey, has the book shipped?

Bryan Jackson

Bryan Jackson commented

Is there anything we can do to help pressure Pledge?
(Aside from snarky comments elsewhere - done)

Artist response
Mark Walk

Mark Walk commented

Thanks for asking. Not really

We have been pretty silent out of fear that public outrage might make things worse.

I am in the process of setting up a new store to move forward without them.

It’s a bit hard as they are holding all of the money we raised to launch ohGr. However, new products are in the works, and we will relaunch soon.

Thanks

Bryan Jackson

Bryan Jackson commented

I am very happy to hear about a new store in the works! Hopefully all this extra work you've done dealing with Pledge and setting up a new store isn't driving you insane. I certainly appreciate it, along with your updates to keep us all informed of where things stand. It's much less frustrating to wait knowing that someone is beating their head against a wall to try and make things happen. :) Hopefully you're still finding time for the music because Tricks is great.

Artist response
Mark Walk

Mark Walk commented

The issue has been referred to as growing pains.
We appreciate the understanding as not everyone realizes that we ave not been paid on the project. .

Bryan Jackson

Bryan Jackson commented

"Growing pains" as in - "we took your money and used it to expand our business but we'll take care of your stuff eventually." I agree with one of the comments above, it seems like bigger pledges are being taken care of so they've got money somewhere.

Joris de Wit

Joris de Wit commented

After months of listening I can safely say that TrickS is absolutely amazing and keeps surprising. A true masterpiece! Thanks Ogre and Mark

David J. Hansen

David J. Hansen commented

Any info on Be In The Video? I love my mask (freaked out a lot of people on Halloween) and of course the album, but the possibility to be in a video was what made the package a no-brainer deal for me.

Lorraine Lee

Lorraine Lee commented

I have the mask and be in a video pledge too. Last I heard the video was still going to happen, just later than anticipated. That was awhile ago so I’m not sure if anything has changed. I keep waiting to hear back about it but, with everything taking longer I worry that the video may not happen. One question I have is for those who put their masks on.. did you have problems pulling it over your head? LOL! If so what did you do to get it on?

David J. Hansen

David J. Hansen commented

It was tough to get on. I used a bald/wig cap to put it on.

Lorraine Lee

Lorraine Lee commented

Great! I will give that a try and thanks for getting back to me. Starting to think I have a giant head! LOL!

Chris Sumsion

Chris Sumsion commented

Just wanted to say the album is fucking awesome. I can’t stop listening.

Terry Franklin

Terry Franklin commented

Hi can we please get an idea of the chance of getting the lyric books shipped before end of the year? It's a gift for someone and I need to make sure I have a backup plan if it's not happening by then. Thanks!

Artist response
Mark Walk

Mark Walk commented

We have had the lyric book done for ages.

Pledge will not let us know when they can pay the bill

Books take weeks to make.

Very sorry. We are doing the best we can to pressure them